Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Annoyed in TVA

Okay. I'm quite the easy going guy-patient (I try really hard), slow to anger, compassionate, and I think nearly 99.99 percent of the time, a good neighbor.

Now, I think that's about to change....I've lost all patience, all forms of being nice, and that 99.99 percent I think just plummeted to about 30%. I don't know where its coming from in my building. I originally thought it was above me, but then walking to check the mail one day it sounded as if it was two doors down from me in the house that has just been vacated by a new family. EVVVVERRRRYYDDAAAYYY & sometimes even everyday AT NIIIGHHT, someone plays the trumpet for HOURS! We live in the P Building of TVA on campus which I like to call "The Zoo" which is alright I suppose, but a trumpet?

Of all the instruments that have ever been invented, what are the odds that I get the guy in my building who wants to practice his trumpet and "Hakuna Matata" for hours....even after "quiet hours" sometimes? Our building is full of infants and little toddlers, so I know I can't be the only one who is going crazy. There has to be someone else. Perhaps all my awesome friends of the N, T, and S buildings are just as annoyed. I love music and could settle for a piano, a violin (that would seriously be so nice), a cello, a harp, heck-maybe even some drums.....but I have no idea why I find this trumpet to be the most ANNOYING instrument to ever be played. Of all instruments, why a trumpet? I find it crazy that I've been sound asleep only to be woken in the middle of the night to the sounds of the man who plays the trumpet, only to realize it was a dream. Ok....you know the situation is bad when you're dreaming about it...or having nightmares!

3 comments:

Kasey Van Tassell said...

Mike, you are not the only one who thinks that the hours that the trumpet practice has been occurring at are odd. But I have notice that the last few days practice time has been in the morning. Does that mean that it is an adult? Aren't all the kids in school at that time? By the way I played the trumpet for 3 years in junior high. Now I how my parents felt.
Adam

Price Family Adventures!!! said...

okay when did you start your blog? I have one too. Okay you guys look like you are having a blast.

abo-bder said...

faniyin