Saturday, July 19, 2008

California Pizza

Well, for the first time ever...well Mike's anyways, we ate at California Pizza Kitchen near the Pearlridge Shopping Center. It was really a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing. I mentioned to Mike how bad I was starving and he asked what I wanted to eat. We tossed around a couple of places and then I mentioned California Pizza. Mike told me he's never eaten there to which I looked at him crazy and responded "Are you serious?"

Mike loves to go out (especially to spend our money), so we packed up Brandon and Nathan and looked forward to some good pizza besides the usual Pizza Hut we always seem to order. Mike's friend Mike-his daughter just had a baby and we weren't able to go and visit in the hospital while she was there so Mike decided to invite them to come and join us. They were out shopping, but they came. It was probably the worst timing to go to a pizza place at nearly 8pm. We waited about 20 minutes for our seats and we didn't really get out of there until about 9:30pm. I ordered some Fettuccine so that I could share with Brandon because he loves "noodles." Mike got a BLT pizza, his friend got a Creole Cajun Chicken of some sort, and his daughter got Lettuce Wraps. We also ate chips with the Spinach Artichoke Dip which is always a favorite in our family. I, for some reason, never seem to get the right foods. Mike always gets the good stuff. The fettuccine wasn't even cooked all the way.Though despite my bad choice of food, it was a nice little evening to spend together.

1 comment:

Noelle said...

I LOVE CPK. It's not fun when you go to a place you love to eat and it doesn't live up to your expectations. Kurt feels that same way you do about ordering. He ends up wanting what I'm eating. I'm glad you guys found my blog. Now we can keep in touch on a whole new level!