Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Wonderful Day...A Wonderful Stewardship!

Today has been one of the best days. I was called today by the Bishop to serve as a teacher in the Primary for the 9-11 year olds. I have no idea why the Lord called me to do it, but I know it's where I'm supposed to be. I substituted one Sunday for the couple who couldn't teach, and the kids fell in love with me. Everytime I see them and everywhere I go they constantly wave to me, and say "Brooothhherrr Crowe," and call me "uncle," with the sweetest enthusiasm any child could ever have. I'm delighted to be a role model for them. I currently hold a calling in the Stake as the Assistant Executive Secretary as well so I know things will be busy for me. But, I am excited to do the Lord's work and teach those children.

Today was also the first time I met the families I am responsible for home teaching each month. I'm glad that this time, I have a very diligent companion who cares and takes pride in his stewardships over the church. What a great thing home teaching is. Then, to make the more bittersweet, we did our Sunday stroll to the temple. Brandon absolutely enjoys this a lot and he always looks forward to going. I love going there with him, Nancy, and little Nathan. It brings such peace to our lives. This day just couldn't have gone any better.

No comments: